Once
upon a time I went to the storytelling festival and took off my shoes to
save a seat (I didn't have enough belongings with me to save the 4 I
needed). I walked away in my socks on the cool grass to find something
to do in the park for an hour when I overheard two girls in the aisle:
"did you bring any cards?" "Oh yeah, cause I just carry cards around
with me everywhere!... no." So I stopped and got out the cards that I just carry around with me everywhere and asked if they wanted to play with me.
While we were playing I felt a tickling on my stocking feet. I thought
it must be someone I knew. I turned around to see a little gray haired
lady running away and yelling back to me, "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist,
and you looked like the kind of girl that wouldn't mind!" Later, when
my guests arrived, I went to my seat to find another old lady sitting
next to my seat. We started talking and sharing life stories. She was 82
and was there because one of her girlfriends was turning 90 and for her
birthday, she wanted to go on a roadtrip with her three other
girlfriends from Nebraska to Orem, UT for the storytelling festival. I
asked if she would be my grandma for the evening. She hugged me and said
she'd love to, but that I might not like it because she was crazy. I
was beginning to tell her the story of the foot-tickling lady and how it
just made me love that lady, how she couldn't do anything crazy enough
to scare me off.
She cut me off, "No, you don't understand.
just an hour ago, I tickled some stranger's feet just because and then
ran away!" I lifted up my memorable socks and said, "I bet she had crazy
socks like these, how could you resist!?" She covered her face and
screamed into laughter, "AHHH I was never supposed to see you again!"
Only at the storytelling festival, folks. Two and a half days in
heaven. Heaven will be full of crazy socks and little old ladies who
can't resist and the kind of girls who won't mind. . . and their dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment