Thursday, February 4, 2010

Closer and Closer to the Unknown

Well, I am getting closer and closer to that day when I will be gone from here and leave yet again a piece of my heart here in Tennessee. I got a letter inviting me to institute in Logan today. I now find myself second guessing if I am really makingthe right choice to go to BYU. I really REALLY LOVE Logan! But I have got to be near my grandma, so that is one of the reasons I chose BYU. I didn't even apply to USU because I didn't want to provide myself with choices and internal conflict. I guess that plan failed!
The art program at BYU is SO competetive and I'm lacking in instruction. I may be considered an okay artist here in this small town, but to BYU standards, I'm goop! I don't know if I can make it in! There is so much to do I am just overwhelmed! I am trying to get a portfolio put together for an AP test, but because my school doesn't offer an AP or studio art class, I don't really know what to do! I need a critic and someone to help me get it all together. whew!


Nextly, my dog. My sweet little lab, Garcelle. She is coming with me. I just don't know where she is going to stay. That is kind of important. I won't go without her! So, this will have to work out someway.

Alright, on a more positive and sure note, I am so excited to be with my mountains again. I miss my family, my grandma especially, and my best friends that have shown themselves as I have been gone. Then I can finally be there for my friends like Sarah. It's killed me being so far away when I was needed.

Now if I could just take my people here with me to there. Then I would know that I will have died and gone to heaven.

Today's story is about Mrs. Hemmerly. I am thankful for "Maddy May" today. (short for "Maddness and mayhem") She is "the funniest thing since sliced bread!" She is so real and honest that I sometimes wonder if she is real, and she says she does occationally too! Even though she is a "baby hater" everyone feels comfortable in her room whether they are supposed to be in there or not! She'll take you in for who you are and you'll laugh until you are ready to go back to your real class... :) She is goofy and easily distracted but always attentive to the individual and always has a compliment to go along with the joke she may make about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment