Or am I just learning to make work more fun?
Or am I really close to losing my job because I'm having more fun than any of my superiors ever intended?
Or are my supervisors really just so jealous...
In reviewing the week of work, these are my jobs I have performed so far and got paid for:
- Took a ride in a laundry cart full of mattress pads when no one was watching.
- Ate more maraschino cherries than I'd like to admit.
- Took a cherry to the mirror in the bathroom just to see if it worked as a lip stick.
- Drank a lot of water from the drinking fountain trying to wipe off the red cherry dye from my mouth. It didn't work.
- Ate Ice Cream that Meg's mom bought for us.
- Filled up water balloons with paint and water.
- Watched Kevin nail Emily in the head with one of those balloons.
- Watched as Tess tried to paint an ant blue because she wanted to see a blue ant.
- Gave the ant a shower when Tess accidentally drowned him in paint.
- Witnessed Ben wearing a small pink RA safety vest.
- Found a brand new book in an empty apartment.
- Carried so many Women's Conference Keys that my pants fell down. (Luckily I was in the room alone. Building 3.)
- Dove into a giant pile of pillows and crossed that off my bucket list.
- Stayed hidden in the pile of pillows and jumped out to scare a co-worker.
- Sang at the top of my lungs all over Wyview and the Wilk hallways.
- Danced with my boss at the Wilk to Good Morning before getting my keys.
- Watched Stacy gag when I showed her how to plunge a toilet with a floater... (tee hee- yep, can even make that fun.)
- Rode a scooter down the ramps in the hallways of the Wilk.
- Used foamy metal-shine aerosol spray on the elevators like spray paint and tagged the elevators with cartoon dogs with speech bubbles welcoming patrons to the area before actually wiping them down and making them shiny.
- Made new friends: Stacy, Kaitlyn, Steven, Ruben, Louda, and Jay.
- Watched a wrecking ball and a giant tractor wire cutter take down the Law building/Wilk bridge.
- Searched the world over for benedryl for the EMTs for a new friend named James who accidentally ate peanuts and was allergic.
- Saved a green spider from the wrath of H2Orange.
- Rode the scooter for two hours in the garden court.
- Set up the tables and chairs for Elders Holland, Ballard, Oaks, and Nelson.
- Learned how to work the floor machine and did donuts in the ballroom so we could understand "what not to do" in training before we actually could be trusted to clean the floor. (supervisor approved.) :)
- Took an unexpected shower in the trash room when draining the floor machine. (I didn't realize how strong 30 gallons of soapy water is. I didn't realize it could unscrew the cap the rest of the way. I didn't realize how difficult it is to stop with one hand.)
- Helped a mommy duck and four ducklings cross the street by the Wilk.
- Saved the littlest one from a big ole hungry crow (who knew crows eat baby ducks?)
- Saved the ducklings from a storm grate and lifted them to safety.
- Got attacked by mommy duck when saving her little ones. (some day she will understand, but what a brave self-sacrificing mommy!)
I LOVED reading this. LOL. Literally. Sweet Jilly Beans, you are a hoot and a half. Didn't it feel good to live the pillow mountain dream? I checked it off my bucketlist...though after reading this, I'm adding "do donuts in the WSC ballroom" to the list. :)
ReplyDelete