Jilly's plans to maximize fun, aviod disaster, and possibly save the world.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
God's Love For Me Is A Symphony
I was just doing some reading in the scriptures today. Then I started to do some writing for my class... and I came up with this. I don't think it will have the same meaning for you as it does for me. So, keep that in mind, that this was given to me, not you. :) unless God gifts you the understanding I have received. I'm pretty sure He has things that are better for you though, things that won't mean the same thing to me, things that God will give to YOU, not me.
Anyway, here are my thoughts:
God does not love me unconditionally.
No, instead, He loves me in every condition.
In some conditions He loves me by giving me a good blow to the head. In other conditions He loves me by comforting me. Still in others, He loves me by making me feel confused or by placing a large responsibility on my shoulders, and other times, He loves me by lifting the weight off.
He is not passive in His love. He does not simply watch from above and either approve or disprove of my actions lovingly. No, God is actively and practically involved in every little part of me from allowing each of my hairs to grow to the callings I am called to. Love is work. God does not just simply work every moment of my life. He works IN every moment of MY life.
Even though God is involved in all of my context, I still have agency. I may not be able to do just anything, but I can always to otherwise. AND His love flows and is shaped with each choice I make. His Love is not contextless. Each choice I make is a new context shaped by His love and His love shapes to my context. The Atonement means Christ walks with me for every one of my steps, and my steps are simultaneously influenced by His steps. His love in my life creates a magnificent whole where there is no rigid lines that hold shape on their own. His love is not a puzzle piece I must fit into or not at all. We simultaneously shape each other. We are one. This is a relationship. He completes me, wherever I lack whether I am aware of it or not.
His love is NOT an echo.
No, God’s love is a symphony within my life that changes pitch, tempo, and volume with each passing moment. If I could always tune my ears to hear, How great would be my Joy!
No, no, His Love is Not merely an echo.
His Love for me is a symphony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment