Saturday, November 9, 2013

Melan-Choly

"Hey Jill, do you have the overnight phone tonight?"

"Oh yeah, shoot, I forgot to come and get it and count the money with you!!! Sorry! I'll be right there!" (yay, time with you, how could I forget... oh yeah, my heart was trying to spare me. Your girls back now, there's no hope for me. I can't compete.)

I walk over. At least we don't have to talk about it, we can just count money and sign things and then I can go.

"Hey Jill!! This is 'M', my fiancee. 'M', this is Jill, my favorite RA. She's so thoughtful and nice and funny and she has a voice like an angel..." (If I'm so special, why didn't you give me a chance? Shut up. But don't stop.)

"Hi Jill!"

"Hi." (visualizing all kinds of expression of emotions of anger, hurt, loss, and hopelessness. Wishing so much I could do one of those things I was thinking about. Cry, run, punch the wall... or punch a surface even less moral, hug him, yell at him, curl up in a ball and shake and finally feel the loneliness... something. Instead, I just stood there and stared at her with a blank face, no emotion.)

I could congratulate you both. But no.

I am happy for you, though. Somewhere in me is a profound happiness that you are so happy, that you found your 'one'. Somewhere.... but I must have misplace it somewhere.

"Come on, Love, stroll the building with me, " He says and they leave hand in hand to check the building. I don't move. I could go, but I don't. I stare at the back wall.

They return. "Jill, have you moved at all?"

Nope. (shake my head, still just staring at the wall.)

"Is your brain fried?"

"No." I finally move. "Nice to meet you 'M'. Goodnight 'K'." (It's nice to know that he ended up with you 'M'. You look visually perfect. You seem nice enough. You are probably funny. But, you don't have the voice of an angel...)

I like the following quotes from Megamind.

This one is a line brought to us by Hal, before he goes evil, like I feel like doing, "Well, look partner, I'm [his] partner, okay? [He] doesn't even know what [he's] saying. (turning to 'K') Okay, that was weird for everyone. Cause you accidentally [proposed] to [her] instead of me."

"Code: Fine. I'll just pack my thing and go."
"Code: Fine."
"Good luck on your [engagement]!"
"I will!"
"That doesn't even make sense!"
"I know!"

"I feel so, melan-choly."

No comments:

Post a Comment