Today the sky was blue. The field was gold. I took pictures and I will post them soon. :)
Have I mentioned that I am so excited for 2013 to be over? :)
My life is a journey and every year holds growth and milestones, troubles and stumbles, and laughter and relationships. This year was... something like that. On steroids.
I lost several of my closest friends, not to see again until heaven. I made a few new ones. People have shown me more compassion and kindness than I knew to exist on this planet. I was entrusted with more important work than I ever thought I could do. I had some bad days. Worst days. I felt alone. And I was never alone. People have shared with me some stories that have shaped my life for good.
I've been thinking about why this is such an occasion, this new years thing. Do I think that new year will be void of troubles, of pain, or of loss? I want a new planet. I want my day in Heaven. Surely 2014 will not be that day of rest I dream of. :( Despite the unknown, I DO know there are at least some difficult anniversaries on their way. Next year will be hard too.There will be moments of rest, I hope, but the journey continues. What is it that i am waiting for? What do i really want? What new planet am I wishing upon a star for?
I was watching a movie about one of my favorite stories.The Martian Child. There is a line from David in there that sums up how I really feel deep inside about this 2013 being over and 2014 beginning. "Dennis, can I just say one last thing about Mars? - which may be strange
coming from a Science-Fiction writer - But right now, you and me here,
put together entirely of atoms, sitting on this round rock with a core
of liquid iron, held down by this force that seems to trouble you,
called gravity, all the while spinning around the sun at 67,000 miles an
hour and whizzing through the milkyway at 600,000 miles an hour in a
universe that very well may be chasing its own tail at the speed of
light; And admist all this frantic activity, fully cognisant of our own
eminent demise - which is our own pretty way of saying we all know we're
gonna die - We reach out to one another. Sometimes for the sake of
entity, sometimes for reasons you're not old enough to understand yet,
but a lot of the times we just reach out and expect nothing in return.
Isn't that strange? Isn't that weird? Isn't that weird enough? The heck
do ya need to be from Mars for?"
What the heck do I want from Mars for?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
There are minutes until the New Year Celebration. When I celebrate the fact that for some strange reason, we reach out and expect nothing in return, in every year, even the ones with unlucky numbers.
And I don't have to "wait" to celebrate that. I can use those minutes well. I have a lifetime between then an now.
Molly Mahoney: Great. Well done. Now we wait.
Mr. Magorium:
"No. We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds
create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds, well used, is a lifetime."
As the Great Mr. Magorium said. "Your life is an occasion. Rise to it."
No comments:
Post a Comment